Beberapa gejala anak yang kurang tidur diantaranya :
1. Sulit dibangunkan di pagi hari.
5. Mudah Frustasi
6. Penurunan tingkat kecerdasannya
7. Kurang konsentrasi
8. Daya ingat menjadi lemah.
9. Mengalami gangguan fungsi kognitif, sehingga ia lebih agresif dan hiperaktif, menjadi pembangkang dan tidak kooperatif.
Penyebab anak susah tidur diantaranya :
1. Lingkungan yang bising atau panas.
2. Kebiasaan menonton televise sebelum tidur.
3. Ketakutan akan sesuatu.
4. Disebabkan penyakit, misalnya asma, alergi, dsb. Yang menyebabkan anak sulit tidur.
5. Melakukan kegiatan yang berat seperti bermain games atau bersenda gurau.
Tips pola tidur anak yang baik :
1. Sejak awal tentukan jam berapa anak harus tidur.
2. Tidur dengan cara yang benar yaitu di tempat tidur, bukan di gendongan atau di ayunan.
3. Ciptakan lingkungan yang sejuk, nyaman dan hening.
4. Biasakan mematikan lampu, dan hanya menggunakan penerangan kecil atau cahaya dari ruangan lain.
5. Banyak ahli menyarankan agar anak tidur sendiri.
Do You Know?
Constructing Your Child's Healthy Sense of Self Esteem
Your child's self esteem is their mental foundation. A self-assured child is confident, secure, happy, well-adjusted and successful. They can solve problems that come their way, and it thrives under a loving parent's nurturing care.
What are some good ways to built self esteem in your child?
Most importantly, accept your child for who they are, and help them do the same. Teach your child that nobody is perfect, and that everyone makes mistakes. Show them how to learn and grow from their mistakes, and let them know that you also make mistakes. Children with high self esteem are able to take lessons from mistakes and apply them down the road. A child with low self esteem become frustrated and resort to self-depreciating behavior, such as calling themselves 'stupid' and vowing to 'never try that again.
Help your child discover their abilities and talents, and encourage outlets for them to build on and improve them. Praise a child not only for improvements in abilities and skills, but also for the traits they naturally possess.
Encourage your child to make positive choices. Open an honest dialog with your child and discuss the possibilities with them. Children who learn skills for making positive choices when they are younger are well-prepared for the tougher choices they have to make when they are older.
Ensure that you spend lots of quality time with your child, at least once a week. Whether you are shooting baskets or going out to grab a hamburger, take time to talk and keep in touch. If you find it difficult to squeeze in quality time during a hectic week, take the time to talk about things during the drive to school or while they are helping you put the groceries away.